It is recommended that the Coalinga City Council accept the project as complete and authorize the City Engineer to file the Notice of Completion for the project with the County Recorder and notify surety to exonerate contract bonds.
On May 21, 2020 the City Council awarded a construction contract to Joe’s Landscaping and Concrete, Inc., in an amount of $259,362.00, with an additional contingency of $25,936.20 set aside for any unforeseen incidentals for a total authorization amount of $285,298.20.
The project includes, but is not limited to: Clearing and grubbing, subgrade recompaction and grading, application of pre-emergent herbicide, and landscape installation for center median islands at the following locations:
1. Washington Street from Sunset Street to Monterey Avenue
2. E Roosevelt Street at Alicia Lane
3. Cambridge Avenue at Coalinga Middle School Pedestrian Crossing
4. Enterprise Parkway at Jayne Avenue
5. N Joaquin Street at Washington Street
6. W Cherry Lane from Elm Avenue to Falcon Way
7. N Monterey Avenue from W Polk Street to Washington Street
8. Copper Canyon Court from Sandalwood Street through Buckeye Springs Street
9. Sandalwood Street from Juniper Ridge Boulevard to Copper Canyon Court
10. Juniper Ridge Boulevard from Jayne Avenue to Sandalwood Street
11. Fifth Street from Sunset Street to Cedar Avenue
A notice to Proceed was issued to Joe’s Landscaping and Concrete, Inc. providing 30 working days to complete construction.
The project was completed ahead of schedule. The final contract amount is $279,762.00 which is $5,536.20 under the amount approved by City Council on May 2, 2020.
The final inspection was done on July 13, 2020, which concluded that preparation of final punch list was not necessary. The notice of completion, when filed, begins a time period for which mechanics liens, liens against the contractor, and stop payment notices can be filed against a public construction project. It is a protection for the City during a construction project. Staff is not aware of any issues related to this project.
V. FISCAL IMPACT:
The project was fully funded by Measure C Flexible Funding Street Fund Account in the amount of $285,298.20.